sunnuntai 2. helmikuuta 2014

Handmade plaid komon

About a year ago I bought the Yumi Yamamoto book Making Casual Kimono & Yukata.
Which is a lovely book by itself. There were two kimonos that caught my eye immediately while going through the book:


So when I found a green and blue plaid patterned fabric at the local fabric store, I grabbed it. Here's the result:
 I still need to find time to actually wear this, but I'm happy to say that for a person who's 160 tall, the pattern in the book does not need altering to fit. Althought the around hip size could have been a tad bit smaller, but since it's still in comfortable fit zone it's ok.

5 kommenttia:

  1. It came out great!

    And I swear always when I see self-made kimono I wish someone would do an easy-to-understand tutorial about the whole process because I so want to try doing some as well! Oh well, one can hope.. xD

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. The Yumi Yamamoto book is really easy to follow even if you don't read japanese.

      Also, don't tempt me. I just might do it (if I find enough freetime). ;)

      Poista
    2. I would still prefer actually understanding something. :'D But I'll keep that book in mind!

      You know, I would be grateful beyond words if you did ~ *hint* xD

      Poista
  2. er actually, you can do it pretty easily with an overlocker, a never make lined kimono. :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. I don't have an overlocker sadly... Whenever I sew something I need to oversew the edges of the pattern pieces with zigzag stitch to prevent fraying.

      Poista